Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Retro Homemade Halloween Costume of the Year!

Oh HEY! You probably came here looking for Angry Birds Costumes. That's cool. There's a whole gallery of them HERE (for your viewing pleasure).

But WAIT! What if you're one of the tens of people who want to know what we're going to be for Halloween THIS year?!? Surely there are at least 10 of you, right? Well ladies and gentlemen, today is your lucky day! Here are the very first pictures of our super-fantastic homemade Halloween costumes for 2011!



UPDATE!!
Here's the most recent picture of our costumes. I haven't made a ton of progress on King Friday, but I managed to put X the Owl's head together in about a day. Not too shabby! 

King Friday and X the Owl

"It's Friday" - Rebecca Black
Ever since we finished our Angry Birds costumes last year, people have been asking "How are you ever going to top this?" I'm not going to lie, I don't think we ever will. I mean seriously...those costumes got us on the front page of the New York Times, a profile in a magazine in Hong Kong, and an appearance on the Logo NewNowNext Awards where we had the surreal experience of having celebrities come up to US to see if we would take a picture with them. Just thinking about that blows my mind. Aaaaaaanyway, enough with the backstory! This year we decided to try something a little different and go OLD SCHOOL with our costumes. We finally settled on King Friday and X the Owl from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood (or, more specifically, the Neighborhood of Make Believe). The picture above is what I've managed to come up with so far for King Friday. There's still a LOT of work to be done, and I'm not super happy with the eyes yet (they're not exactly King Friday-esque), but I think we're off to a good start! Let me know what you think! I'll be updating this post with more pictures soon, so check back!

5 comments:

Angry Birds Costumes said...

My plan for this year Halloween is to wear Angry Birds Costumes. I'm sure kids also enjoy playing the game at home.

alicetaylor said...

I found a lot of information here to create this actually best for all newbie here. Thank you for this information.

sunfrog

Unknown said...

It seems I'm on the right track, I hope I can do well. The result was something I did and was doing to implement it.
www.clickjogosclick.com

Temple Run said...

This article clears my mind. Writer has done great job. Best thing about this blog is its simplicity. Thank you so much. Keep posting

Scarymazegames.co
iogamez.com

Pamela Thomas said...

Great article! Start Your Day With Tarot Card Reading, download Tarot Life app for free and get accurate predictions